Sunday, August 17, 2008

never say die

i had it in my name....in my blood...in my veins....n to some extent i still do but maybe not for teh things that should matter the most!

was out for a fag and saw this litle kid (son of a dhobi, next to my usual sutta spot) trying to fly a kite...he tried and he tried....but couldnt. i also saw a 20-30 metre long string he had....even if he succeeded in flying the kite...his hapiness wouldnt have last all that long! neverthless he tried.
what hit my mind was when he said - "main uss neeli patang se pechhe ladaoonga!". i looked up to see a high flyin kite upto which only his ambitions could have reached, not his kite!
he tried and he tried.
when i walked upto him and said - "main udaoon?" ..... he simly looked at me as if i was some untouchable (ok he hates me cuz i used to scold him,lol).

things striked me. i had that never say die attitude. those ambitions of mine too flew high. is it that with time hat passes by those ambitions subside. or is it that one turns practical. or could be a zillion other things. but still i asked myself - "where are they?" for sure not lost! maybe supressed somewhere! supresed by all the unwanted stuff i have within. things that i shud get rid of. and i will. i promise myself that i will!
guess this is the first ever promise i've made to myself. immortalizing it by putting it up here!

how ive promised ppl for different things (rarely i do) and made sure i stick to it, cuz my words mean to me more than anything else :)

hope i keep my words this time too

amen :)

No comments: