Wednesday, March 18, 2009

:)

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face and rushed to the mirror cuz i really wanted to see myself that way...and i did. It was ecstatic. I tried to remember when was the last time that I saw myself this way while i was alone. There was a sense of happiness within. I tried hard to remember when did I last felt happy within, while being with myself, just myself. I touched my face, I felt my smile, it was for real. I touched the mirror, I asked it - "How do I look?", anxiously waiting for an answer, I felt something warm in my eyes. And the phone rang. Time of realization - nothing was real, it was all a dream! I opened my somewhat wet eyes to realize its my landline ringing with the 7:40 a.m. alarm! And like everyday I picked the receiver and kept it back but didnt bother shutting off that everyday alarm that has been set by someone (maybe even me) by mistake.

But unlike every other day, i did not go back to sleep but went to the mirror to look at myself. My eyes were still wet (no i wasn't crying). I touched my face and then the mirror and like instantly the guy in the mirror answered me - "Happiness is just a dream dude". I pondered over it for a few seconds and well yeah that made me smile :)

I went back to bed thinking of the night before yesterday, of all the feelings i had while driving back home after seeing someone. All those feelings engulfed me and pushed me back in time again and just like powerpoint slides - all the similar memories from the past stroked - and the guy in the mirror kept laughing at me.

I had kept behind a lot of things, I do look back at them but do not let them look back at me. I had even kept behind how i felt that night and that too in just a days time! But i guess i couldnt keep behind one feeling or desire i had within me. I thought I'd be happy this time, no matter how momentary that happiness turns out to be, I knew I will get it this time - and that too in a way that could be cherished for a long long long time to come. N then i thought of several other similar occasions when i felt the same way but....

i walked up to the Mirror again - looked at the guy straight in the eyes, smiled and told him - Yeah Happiness is just a dream :)

2 comments:

Small Miracle said...

Hmmm...i started to read the blog thinking...NO THIS IS NOT HAPENNIN...or is it really gonna b that?!! I know meeting that "friend" would have got u in a good mood...so thot ...why not...its possible! hahhaha...you are mad. So Sepulcher...so you!!

Happy to see u back bloggin : )

SePuLcHeR said...

:)